The effectiveness of a genuine I-Protect system comes from our proprietary, polymer tubing that will rupture when exposed to a flame. This specialized I-Protect Detection Tubing combines leak resistance, flexibility, durability and precise temperature sensitivity, allowing it to react quickly when the heat from a fire is present. Our detection tubing connects to one of our custom engineered valves and a I-Protect cylinder that contains the best fire suppression agent for a particular hazard.
- Are the only systems of their type to carry major listings and approvals from UL., ULC, FM, CE and more than 20 other international agencies.
- Are totally self-contained, do not require any type of outside electrical source and will rernaln totally operational during unexpected power outages.
- Do not require an expensive control panel and are the most cost effective automatic fire suppression system available.
- Can be designed with most commercially available agents including clean agents, foam and dry chemical, to ensure the best agent is used for an application.
- Simple design and application can normally be installed in a few hours, significantly reducing expensive labor costs.
- Feature reusable detection tubing that virtually eliminates false discharges and subsequent costly down time and expense.
- Flexible detection tubing can provide protection in difficult and hard to reach areas where other detection methods cannot be
- Rugged detection tubing can be used in harsh environments where other types of detection would quickly deteriorate and render the system inoperable.
- Are supported by a network of over 250 distributors worldwide to assure your system is maintained to the requirements of the manufacturer and the AHI.
Designed for simple installation, often very near the source of a potential fire, I-Protect is a self-activating suppression system that reliably suppresses fires in seconds. We provide a low maintenance, cost-effective solution to the problem of “micro-environment” fire protection. Micro-environments are applications where the hazard is typically contained within a critical enclosure, such as equipment, machines, vehicles, or storage compartments.
I-Protect systems can be installed in virtually any enclosed space where high-value assets are located or where an increased risk of fire could be mitigated by an automatic fire suppression system.
CHOOSING TIE RICHT AGENT
I-Protect systems are compatible with most commercially available fire suppression agents, including:
- 3MTM NovecTM 1230 Fluid
- Dry Chemical. (ABC, BC, D)
AUTOMATIC FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS
E-CAT Environmental Solutions is an authorized I-Protect distributor and provides hazard analysis, quotations, installations, service and support on I-Protect systems, to reliably and effectively, protect your assets. The only limits to our micro-environment protection are professional fire protection expertise and your imagination.
I-Protect International systems are currently safeguarding over 85,000 micro-environments world-wide, including:
- Electrical control panels
- Laboratory fume/exhaust cabinets
- EDM & CNC machining centers
- UPS units
- Computer/data storage cabinets
- Wind energy turbines
- Transformer cabinets
- Flammable chemicals storage cabinets
- Generator enclosures
- Mass transit and specialty vehicles
- Vending machines
- Book, bank and video depositories
DIRECT RELEASE SYSTEMS
The Direct Release System utilizes the I-Protect Detection Tubing as both the fire detection device and the fire suppressant delivery system. The portion of the tube nearest the hottest point of the fire raptures, forming an effective discharge “nozzle”. The pressure drop in the tube releases the entire contents of the cylinder though this nozzle.
INDIRECT RELEASE SYSTEM
With the indirect Release System, the I-Protect Detection Tubing is used only as a detection device. The fire suppression agent is delivered via copper tubing, stainless steel tubing or braided hose Once the tube “bursts”, the suppressant is discharged through strategically placed nozzles within the protected enclosure.