WHAT IS iMIST?
iMist is an innovative anionic surfactant that has been extensively researched and developed over several years. iMist is a macromolecule that “makes water wetter” hence it causes water to be adsorbed by substrates faster than is produced by water alone. The application of wet dust suppression requires the formation of microscopic liquid films to increase the adhesion of dust particles through hydrogen bonding. iMist has a large surface area that adsorbs on the dust particles spontaneously and efficiently.
“Combine mechanical sprayers with iMist to deliver a unique, effective and superior dust suppression solution.”
- Drastically improves dust suppression capabilities of water.
- Reduces water usage for dust
- Economical: low concentrations added to water.
- Droplet Size: Surface wetting can be increased by reducing the droplet diameter and increasing the number of droplets. This can be achieved by reducing the surface tension OR contact angle using iMist.
- Impact Velocity: Surface wetting can be increased by increasing the impact velocity.
- Interception: When a dust particle approaches a water droplet, the airflow may sweep the particle around the droplet depending on its size, trajectory, and velocity, the dust particle may strike the droplet directly or barely graze the droplet forming an aggregate.
- Droplet Size/Particle Size: Droplets and particles the are similar in size have the best chance of colliding.
- Electrostatic Forces: The presence of an electrical charge on a droplet affects the path of a particle around the droplet. Using iMist, the particles have an opposite or neutral charge thus the collision capability is increased.